Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Rain, rain, go away!

We've been getting quite a bit of rain this year. Well, that's a gross understatement. I don't remember having this much rain, day after day, ever in my life. It does make it hard to do the things I would like to be doing with the kids, and thus limits us to indoor activates and turns my house into a powder keg of short tempers. Kole and I are so much alike that at times it seems to cause much more friction than any of us (esp. Nancy) would like to put up with. Plus, we're both stubborn as the proverbial mule. Luckily, today went very well, even when it was time to clean the boy-cave. I'm not too strict about how often he cleans his room, since that was one of the things I hated most about being a kid. I feel it's very important that he has his own space where he can be wild and messy...even though I HATE messes. Not that I'm a neat freak, by any stretch of the imagination. At any rate, here is a video I took this evening of Kole reading a story he wrote at school:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J56TGv700XU


Sorry about the lazy link, you DO need to copy and paste. My Html skills are nonexistent.



After doing my morning chores and feeding the baby, we spent most of the day in the basement where I could do the treadmill and workout, and she could watch her "Signing Time" videos and play with Saetia (one of our two cats). We've been trying to teach Elliette to "do nice" to the kitties, but she gets very excited and the line between petting and pounding can get very thin. Saetia is very kind and affectionate, so he tends to be a bit more patient than our other cat, Claude. Claude is half Siamese and he don't take no garbage from no one. Word.





In more trivial news, I got my new Doc Martens in the mail today! Needless to say, I feel 80-85% more tough.




No comments:

Post a Comment